Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sock 1....


Okay. Finished sock #1. I'm a full day behind schedule. But the last two days have been worth it. I went to Stitches West and soaked it all in, taking three classes and spending hours at Market (I was good and only went a tad over my "budget").... I took classes from Leslye Solomon (Continental Knitting), Sally Melville (Color Knitting) and Beth Walker-O'Brien (Aran Knitting) and sooo wanted to get home last night (and today) to practice stuff from class and play with my new yarn (luscious baby alpaca for some socks for me (!) and a beautiful purple heathery wool for an Aran for me (my first attempt), but I had this sock to finish!! I guess in my "hurry-up-edness" I decided it was long enough and got the toe shaping all done only to discover that it was...uh, well, not. Ripping back a sock is NOT fun. And it's time consuming. Lots of Olympic penalties there! My overall time on this first sock was just under 20 hours. Not my personal best. Or maybe it is...since I've never timed myself before...I had better break my own 'record' on sock #2 if I'm going to beat the Olympic flame. No, I don't have Monday off! At any rate, I'm happy with the way the sock turned out. [click on the picture to see it up close - the ribbing is cool.] Now on to its' (hopefully identical rather than fraternal) twin.


p.s. What can I say about Sally Melville? Knitting Greatness. Awesome teacher. Just a regular ol' gal like all of us. And very funny, eh?

1 comment:

earthchick said...

Beautiful job! Sorry about the frogging - sounds like no fun.

Your classes sound awesome!