Saturday, February 04, 2006

here I go....

I'm not sure how this is going to work but let's give it a go. My intention today is to get something up on this blog. I need to remember to enjoy the journey and not get too frustrated at my inept blog-ability. I'm looking forward to a relatively peaceful day with no children around - time to blog and knit and get a few other things down around here.

WELL....funny how things change. Oldest son just called to tell me his car died last night and he needs help getting it towed, etc. "Whatever's convenient for you, Mom." ...no comment... Okay, I'm not complaining - I'm glad I have the time today to help him out.

But let's try posting a picture first, otherwise I will feel like I've done nothing here. This is the shawl I'm working on. It's for a woman at church, sweet Doris, who is at home recuperating after a long and serious stay in ICU. This is ministry work and the yarn was donated (by Mrs. Anonymous). The pattern is actually for a baby blanket knit diagonally. Not sure how I'll finish off the long edge yet but I have time to figure that out. I've only had to rip back twice and not too far - woohoo! The yarn is Marks & Kattens Monsun in a really nice shade of green. It's made in France - ooh lala!

No comments: