Well I got rid of one UFO, but not by finishing it. It really is okay to stop making something that is just....not.....working. Life is too short to knit something that makes you grumble. It could be the yarn, it could be the pattern, it could be the needles, who knows? Doesn't matter. Rip it out! So bye-bye Magic Loop Socks, I hardly knew ye..... In this case I think it's a combination of yarn and needles. KnitPicks Dancing needs to be knit at a denser gauge than I was using. This yarn has now been sent back to the stash farm, where it will no doubt have fun visiting old friends and meeting all the rookies in the bin. And one day it will pipe up and say "this is what I want to be." Why are you shaking your head - of course yarn talks to you! You can't hear that?
In it's place is something I started a few days ago and I'm totally loving it. A new thing for me - top down raglan baby cardigan. At one of our social knitting events (which we've made a regular thing now at my friend Nancy's house) Dee (Nancy's MIL) was knitting a really cute baby sweater and I had to have the pattern of course. Turns out it's a pattern she's been using since the 50's, something she typed up back in the day and has been churning out sweaters ever since. At our next meeting (last Friday) she had the complete sweater (wish I had taken a picture!) and I had pattern in hand. After a few questions for clarificiation and with the FO as a visual aid I was ready to go. It really is quite simple. Here's my progress:
I also need to report that I've decided to totally re-do Nathan's fingergless gloves. The second glove was coming out decidedly smaller than the first, and while I could attribute some of it to the first being stretched a bit from being tried on, it was really bugging me. Especially since I know the first is a bit tight on him (no matter how much he says "they're perfect"). So I will go up a needles size on both cuff and body. I may need to buy another ball of yarn but that is not against the "Knit From My Stash in 2007" rules. Whew.
Happy New Year everyone - I'm going to go knit!!
No comments:
Post a Comment