
It was a real luxury to knit for an extended period of time today. I know there was plenty of work to do around the house - let's face it - there always is and always will be - BUT today I was determined to make sock progress, especially since I know that Sue has finished my socks - aackkk! And here is said progress :-) I tried a new heel flap with a garter stitch edge, which creates a super easy edge from which to pick up gusset stitches. I like the look of it too, I think. I will try to get a good close up picture to post tomorrow. It's been a while since I knit something other than a "vanilla" sock so this has been lots of fun.
5 comments:
Looks good! Are you using the magic loop method? I love the colors of the yarn you are using. I, too, get tired of knitting vanilla socks, but they go so fast. Sometimes it's just easier when I need a really quick sock pattern. I'll be anxious to see the completed pair.
Sue
This sock is pretty amazing...you're progressing very well. I love the colors.
The sock knitting book that you referred to in your email is my sock 'bible'...great instructions.
Talk to you soon
Sue
Pretty sock - what is the yarn?
Thanks :-) It's ONLine Supersocke 100 and the color is Summer. The label's mostly in German but it says Made in Italy. I had never heard of it before - received it in a swap last spring. I'm going to see what other colors there might be. It's a nice knit.
You do a beautiful job! I never thought of using k1, sl 1 for the leg. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment