
In the past few weeks I've taken a hard look at my stash. Egads. Enough for eternity, it seems. I went so far as to take pictures of it all so I could keep track of it. It took up 60+ pics on my digital. I found things I forgot I had. Merry Christmas to me! Here are a few of my favorites.
Pic #1 is Cleckheaton Country Silk in sage. It wants to be a vest.
Pic #2 is Brooks Farm Harmony (mohair and silk) in earth tones (H30). It's not sure what it wants to be, but there should be enough for a shawl. There's Buster doing a good job of holding down the bed and guarding my yarn.
Pic #3 is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Watercolor. I can't wait to make these. But there is much ahead in the queue, alas.
Pic #4 is Rowan Tapestry which is having an identity crisis. It was purchased with the intent to be a moebius scarf. Since I haven't successfully mastered the moebius cast-on yet....we'll just see about that.
SO....the challenge is to knit from my stash in 2007 according to the rules posted here: http://wendyknits.net/stash2007.htm. I am determined to do it because
1) I have no more room for yarn in my house.
2) I have no money in my wallet for yarn.
3) I have some absolutely gorgeous yarn that would really make some people happy if it was in wearable form.
4) I really do want to enjoy the experience of knitting with this absolutely gorgeous yarn.
UFO's (unfinished objects) are of course, part of the stash. So let's start there.
1) Debie's Christmas socks: I am 10 rows from toe decrease on second sock - should finish today.
2) Nathan's fingerless gloves: ribbing started on second glove.
3) Heart blocks baby blanket: for a baby due in April.
4) Magic Loop socks: still haven't finished these from the class I took in October. I've decided I'm not crazy about the yarn - glad it was cheap.
5) The ever-present Aran project: Not sure how many years it will take to finish this sweater, but I thoroughly enjoy knitting it, whenever I can find a block of (undistracted) time.
SO, off I go! Happy New Year!!

2 comments:
Hi!
Just reading through your blog, and I LOOOOVE the ruffled hat!
Do you know where I could find the pattern?
Love your blog!
C
Hey thanks! I got the pattern at one of my LYS. It was a freebie when I bought some yarn. They had permission to reprint from the author, who is from a store in Pacific Grove, CA. Not sure it's available online or not.
Post a Comment